Our FlowLog series of flowmeters are completely wireless - no wires for power nor communication. These devices work on a single battery for 5 years silently transmitting your flow information to the FlowLog Cloud services. Use wireless RF technology or low power BLE 4.2 to add powerful IoT capability to your application.
IOT Flow meter Specifications:
- Accuracy at ±0.25% of reading and repeatability better than ±0.1% of reading
- ATEX and IP65 weatherproof approved transmitter enclosure
- Positive Displacement Rotary Piston Flow Sensor
- Built-in high capacity filter element
- Single moving part ensures low pressure drop
- Self-powered for a 5 year life Lithium Battery
- Capacitive Touch Interface with No Keys
- Range is 50 m with obstructions and about 100 LOS**
Water is this world's most precious natural resource. It is used everywhere for various purposes, making it our duty to ensure we use it responsibly. IoT flow meters can help us do that.
The IoT is progressing in almost all industries, including the water sector. Saving water with the application of IoT is a brilliant concept that merges innovative technology and resource conservation.
Accurate water flow measuring is critical for numerous industries— from water wells and lakes to flood warning systems and other hydro services. IoT and sensor technologies offer increasingly precise ways for organizations to monitor flow effectively.
Water monitoring is an easy and effective method to ensure smooth management and improved operations. Monitoring water usage using Industrial IoT 4.0 flow measurement devices, you can observe how much water is being used with a meter and measure the flow with flowmeter sensors.
The Configuration of IoT Flowmeter
As the water levels are decreasing daily, effective water management has turned into a global necessity. Several approaches to calculating water flow and different water flow meters can be used to monitor and measure the volume of water in pipelines. But many of them are too expensive, which is why the readily available and low-cost Fluidyne IoT Flow Meter is a reliable and superior alternative to them. In addition to measuring water flow, these meters can be utilized in the Soft Drinks Industries or Chemical industries to continuously measure and quantify many kinds of liquids handled during the automation processes.
A Water level flow meter IoT calculates the flow rate and volume of water. It then sends it to the cloud to help monitor water consumption.
Flowmeters employ several technologies to be able to count pulses or ticks as fluids flow through the device.
Magnetic flowmeters and mechanical impellers/propellers is one such technology. Magnetic flowmeters don't have consist of any moving parts or require a battery to function.
Smart flow meter IoT has become a time-tested, innovative solution that forwards preprocessed raw data to resource suppliers. Besides, all IoT smart flow meters exhibit a real-time reaction to many configured events and notify customers by SMS or email as needed.
The LTE NB-IoT smart metering technology enables companies to carry out stand-alone smart meter development without changing the battery for several years. Additional security levels are achieved by applying passwords in the access settings and TLS protection throughout the data transmission.
This time-tested IoT flow meter solution by Fluidyne is used to replace mechanical counting devices and to substitute outdated technology for transmitting information about the flow rate to a pulse and current loop interface.
The IoT smart meter module accepts signals from a measuring chamber, filtering and validating data, pre-tuned data processing by built-in algorithms, and accumulation. The data is presented on the display, on a local interface, or sent directly to the cloud or user.
IoT can enhance measurement instruments to perform more efficiently. The following advantages together make an IoT smart water meter solution that helps monitor and control water wastage and excess consumption :
- An IoT water meter favours dynamic water monitoring, eliminating the necessity of manual supervision. It encourages real-time web-based metering to help provide live alerts regarding any leaks, water getting wasted, and other concerns. A smart water meter also promotes a two-way interaction among the water distributors and consumers. The suppliers can also track water consumption under the real-time networking range. This helps the authorities automatically generate the proper bills and assign them to all the users within the specified time.
- Using a smart water meter solution aids identify consumption inefficiencies and patterns. These smart meters comprise an IoT platform that regularly tracks the amount of water being consumed. The data obtained through this IoT suite can then be monitored, and the users can find out where and how much water is being utilized. This results in harnessing any possible over-consumption or water wastage by adopting the necessary steps.
- Building a base to enhance anything requires the understanding of what is causing the difficulties in excess. Similarly, to lower the excess water loss, frequent evaluation of the consumption habits and knowing the areas where over-consumption or spilling is happening. The development of meters has resulted in the eradication of many traditional methods of assessing water levels. And, this is proving to be among the most significant innovations to save and conserve our water.
- A smart water meter solution is scalable enough to monitor the pipeline temperatures along with measuring the water. Along with water meters, temperature sensors can help identify temperatures in each asset and notify the clients by evaluating the risk of potential frost bursts. It could also help alert users about rises in temperatures throughout the distribution network because of stagnating water, which would reduce the growing threat of bacterial infections.
Fluidyne provides its customers with the best-fit application solutions by combing our extensive experience manufacturing with our engineering capabilities and our ability to manage global networks. Our range of products consistently meets or exceeds our clients' expectations in terms of performance, quality, capability, design, and service. Our industrial IoT 4.0 flow measurement solutions section provides hundreds—if not thousands—of well-known and successful applications in many industries.
Regardless of your industry, our IoT Flowmeter offers you flow and pressure measuring devices for virtually any medium and the expertise to provide our customers with the best solutions in terms of both economic and technical merits for any given application. Our focus is on well-known industrial applications and unique and custom products to meet our customer's needs.
- Built-in system to ensure data reliability: Self-diagnostics, settings and counters authorization access, identification and cataloguing of tampering attempts.
- Secondary signal conversion: Linearization, filtration, thermal correction.
- Operation modes defined: Separate meters for different ways, events detection.
- Wired network using digital data transmission, data sharing with an IoT platform.
- The automation of technological processes: Group configuration, calibration, verification.
1.What is an Iot flow meter?
An IoT flowmeter is a device that not only measures flow in a pipeline but intelligently transmits measurement data via an IoT enabled method like Bluetooth, GSM, Wi-Fi and/or ethernet to an endpoint like a web server or mail server
2. How does the Iot flow meter work?
An IoT flowmeter uses wireless technologies like GSM SIM card internet service, Ethernet enabled internet, bluetooth or Wi-Fi and shares its data via wireless internet services to listening cloud service where a consumer or producer can view data readings and perform aggregations on raw data
3.How are smart water meters saving the future?
Smart water meters are built on IoT flow meter technology. They are operated on batteries and automatically measure water through a pipeline while transmitting the same to cloud servers purchased by housing colonies, industries or even city corporations. They also employ prepaid methods in order to preset qty of liquid and ration only set qty of liquid to every customer/home.
4. What is the scope and future of the Internet of Things in flow measurement solution?
The scope and future of IOT in flow measurement is great advantages like net metering and preset based metering for rationing water and other costly liquids to customers in a B2C setting.
Net metering in smart IoT flow meters will also enable large savings of important liquids and in turn help in sustainability goals.LEARN MORE